The Department and its various entities deliver the following services:
Overall tas s TO BE CONDENSED
- initiating, formulating, reviewing and coordinating policies in the Agricultural Sector;
- planning, developing, monitoring and coordinating plans, projects and programmes, strategies and investments in the Agricultural Sector;
- maintaining a comprehensive and up to date database on the Agricultural Sector;
- analyzing the productivity and socio-economic conditions affecting on-farm and agro-industry operations;
- developing guidelines for improved on-farm and agro-industry operations;
- facilitating strategies and implementation plans for national food security;
- defining strategic priorities for the agricultural sector;
- formulating development strategies, plans and programmes in the agricultural sector;
- coordinating and integrating the National Agriculture Agenda into sectoral plans and strategies;
- coordinating the preparation of the sector’s budget framework paper;
- harmonizing national agriculture sector strategies with regional and international strategies;
- coordinating matters relating to ICT and Databank Unit as regards the installation, operation and maintenance of the Ministry’s computer hardware and software, Local – Metropolitan – Wide Area Networks and Website;
- processing, managing and disseminating information under the Knowledge Management Platform;
- coordinating and managing Agricultural and Rural Statistics;
- Coordinating general collection, collation, preservation and dissemination of relevant library information for users within and outside the Ministry.
- Coordinating the implementation of the Comprehensive Africa Agricultural Development Programme [CAADP] and the New Alliance for Food Security and Nutrition.
Collaboration and Partnership Division
- Handles Bi-lateral and Joint Commission Relations between Nigeria and foreign countries on agricultural sector issues.
- Responsible for Multi-lateral relations with Development Partners on agricultural sector issues.
- Coordinates collaboration and partnership matters with relevant MDAs, Development Partners, Organized Private Sector and Non-Governmental Organizations.
- Organizes the Annual World Food Day Celebration.
- Coordinates Quarterly Inter-Boundary Baseline Survey of Agricultural and Rural Development Projects bordering Nigeria and neighbouring countries.
- Facilitates Nigeria’s Membership contributions to international organizations
- In charge of ECOWAS/CAADP and Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA) Matters on agriculture.
- Serves as the Secretariat to Development Partners Support Coordinating Committee.
- Meetings, Workshop and Conferences on Multilateral and Bilateral Relations
- Coordination of the Annual World Food Day Celebration
- Organization of Quarterly Baseline Survey of Agricultural and Rural Development Projects bordering Nigeria and neighbouring countries
- Coordination of Trade and Investment Promotion activities and agricultural commodities
- Facilitation of Nigeria’s Membership contributions to international organizations
Monitoring and Evaluation Division
- Monitoring & Evaluation of Agricultural programmes, projects and activities undertaken by the Ministry’s Departments, Agencies and Parastatals.
- Collaborative Monitoring with relevant Agencies including the NBS, BOF, OSGF, NASS, NEIC, NPC and OAGF.
- Reporting and publication of Monitoring and Evaluation activities through reports derived from monitoring exercises.
- Budget Tracking via reports on the performance of projects and programmes based on Budget releases to the Ministry and its Parastatals
- Development of Value Chain Budget & Annual Performance Tracker, Development of Performance Contract of Departments/Agencies and Secretariat to Fortnight Budget Performance Meeting of the Ministry.
- Collaboration with relevant MDAs to conduct and supervise Capacity Building Training on National M&E System in the Ministry.
- Coordinating the Knowledge Management activities in the Ministry in collaboration with the UNDP/BMGF Consultant.
- Constant Monitoring & Evaluation of Agricultural Programmes / Projects undertaken by all Departments and Agencies of the Ministry including its Research Institutes and Colleges.
- Collaborative Monitoring with:
- Budget Office of the Federation.
- The OSGF;
- National Economic Intelligent Committee;
- National Assembly;
- National Planning Commission
- Accountant general of the Federation, amongst other Agencies.
- Collaborating with the Information Department to gather and analyze current internal communication and develop plan for improved engagement to enhance existing and implement new internal communications tools and techniques.
- CHECK Coordinate the maintenance of Ministry’s Local Area Network, Metropolitan Area Network, Wide Area Network and website etc and train staff on ICT and related services
- Provision of computer services, internet network and website to Departments, Agencies and Paratastals of the Ministry through internal and external collaboration.
- Collection, collation, organization, preservation and dissemination of relevant library information for users within and outside the Ministry
- Check collection of materials, collation and organization, preservation and dissemination of relevant library information for the staff of the ministry and other users