The Department and its various entities deliver the following services:
- Preparation of the Procurement Plan of the Ministry in conjunction with other Departments.
- Convening of the Procurement Planning Committee Meetings.
- Preparation and forwarding of advertisements to the Media for publicity.
- Evaluation of bids received in conjunction with the relevant Departments and making recommendations for the Management.
- Convening of Ministerial Tenders Board Meetings and Preparation of minutes for the approval of the Management.
- Liaising with the Bureau of Public Procurement for Certification of Award of contracts where necessary.
- Carrying out Procurement Audit.
- Preparation of Bidding documents for Programmes/Projects
- Monitoring of all contracts approved by the Ministerial Tender Board to ensure that Government gets value for money and fitness of purpose