Finance and Accounts Services
The various entities of DFA deliver the following services:
- Preparation of the Ministry’s budget (Headquarters) together with the collation of budget inputs from Parastatals and Agencies for transmission to the Budget Office of the Federation;
- Monitoring and Evaluation of Ministry’s yearly Budget performance;
- Monitoring activities of Capital Projects and Programmes in collaboration with the Department of Health Planning, Research & Statistics;
- Liaison with the Budget Office of the Federation, Federal Ministry of Finance for adequate and timely releases of funds to the Ministry and its Parastatals and Agencies and the National Assembly on budget matters;
- Liaise with the Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on MDGs;
- Preparation and submission of Weekly/Quarterly and Bi-annual Capital Budget Performances.
- Financial advice, guidance, reports on the Ministry’s finances for Management decision to ensure that expenditure are in line with approved annual Budgets;
- Financial controls and management of the resources of the Ministry to ensure internal checks and fiscal discipline;
- Ensuring that all funds received by the Ministry are utilized for the purpose for which it is meant and in accordance with laid down procedures and in line with Financial Regulations and extant rules;
- Maintains the statutory Bank Accounts (Personnel, Overhead and Capital accounts) of the Ministry;
- Maintains all the statutory Books of Accounts (Vote Books, Cash Books, Revenue Books, etc.);
- Renders weekly Returns on Vote Book balances to guide approval patterns;
- Preparation and timely rendition of all statutory Financial Returns like Transcripts, Bank Reconciliation Statements, Expenditure Returns, Revenue Returns, Budget Performance Report, etc. to relevant Agencies of Government;
- Coordinates with Inspectors and Auditors from Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation (OAGF), Office of the Auditor-General for the Federation (OAuGF), Operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), the Independent Corrupt Practices and other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) and other Government statutory Inspectors and Auditors;
- Receives and responds to all audit queries issued by the Office of the Auditor-General for the Federation and that of Public Accounts Committee of the National Assembly;
- Monitors all Documentary Credits (L/Cs) of the Ministry on Capital Projects with the CBN to ensure that disbursements on these L/Cs are in line with terms and conditions establishing them
- Staff Verification and Audit exercise to avoid incidence of ghost workers;
- Controls all patterns of the Ministry’s spending.
Represented in the Ministerial Tenders Board and Procurement Planning Committee (PPC).