The Department delivers the following services:
- Advising on policy matters.
- Identifying, designing and implementing programs and projects in collaboration with states and LGAs as well as the private sector.
- Promoting and fixing the value chains for Tree, Arable and Horticultural crops.
- Evolving and Promoting Agricultural Engineering, Mechanization and Farm Power policies.
- Developing and promoting improved storage and on-farm agro-processing technologies for Post-Harvest Food loss prevention.
- Promoting Home Economics, Nutrition
Policies formulation for the development of the Crop Sub-sector
- Provide advice on matters affecting agricultural development in the country.
- Identifying, designing and implementing programmes and projects in collaboration with the states and LGAs.
- Promoting and strengthening the value chains for Trees, Arable and Horticultural crops.
- Promoting the use of Agricultural technology in line with the best practices to advance agricultural development
- Promoting agricultural Mechanization, Farm Power utilization and small-scale effective water utilization (irrigation) in agricultural practices.
- Developing and promoting Small-scale improved Storage handling, Agro-Processing and other Technologies for Post-Harvest food Loss prevention.
Supervision of the following agencies
- National Centre for Agricultural Mechanization (NCAM), Ilorin, Kwara State
- Agricultural Rural Management Training Institute (ARMTI), Ilorin, Kwara State
- Blacksmith and Artisan Training Support Unit (BATSU), Ilorin, Kwara State
- Agricultural Machinery Mechanic and Operator Training Centre (AMMOTRAC) Misau, Bauchi State and Akure, Ondo State
- Technology Transfer Station (TTS) located at Gashua, Yobe State, Ubiaja Edo State, Dan Hassan Kano State, Ugwuoba Enugu State.