About Food and Strategic Reserve
The Department of Food and Strategic Reserve [FSR] is responsible for
Stabilizing the prices of food commodities and maintenance/management of National/Regional Strategic Food Reserve. It is also saddled with the responsibility of Constructing, Rehabilitating and Maintenance of Federal Government’s food storage facilities and equipment. It presently has 33 Silo Complexes and 48 Warehouses with a combined storage capacity of 1.3 million MT.
The Department is structured as follows:
- Emergency Food Supply & Logistics Division
- Strategic Food Reserve Division
- Nutrition and Food Access Division
- School Feeding Programme Unit
- Price Stabilization Programme Unit.
Registry, Stores and Administrative Units