Mustapha Baba Shehuri
Hon. Shehuri was born on July 4th , 1961. He attended Gamboru Primary School, Maiduguri and Government Secondary School, Damagun, Borno. He graduated from the University of Maiduguri in 2007 with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Sociology and Anthropology. Honourable Shehuri served as a Councilor representing the Lamisula/ Jabbamari Ward of Maiduguri Metropolitan under the old non-party electoral system from 1996 to 1997.
He also served as Council Chairman of Maiduguri Metropolitan Council under the defunct Grassroots Democratic Movement (GDM) from 1997 to 1998.Between 1999 and 2003, Hon. Shehuri was a member of the State House of assembly representing the Maiduguri Metropolitan State Constituency on the platform of the defunct All Peoples Party(APP). He was a member of the House of Representatives from 2007 to 2011, representing the Maiduguri Metropolitan Federal Constituency on the platform of the defunct ANPP. He was the Honourable Minister of State for Power, Works and Housing from 2015 to May 2019.
- FG Engages Stakeholders’ on Promotion and Development of Donkey Value Chain.
- Agric Minister Receives 2020 Wet Season Agricultural Performance Survey Report (APSR), Commends Committee.
- SYMPOSIUM-WORLD FOOD DAY 2020: Improved Commodity Value Chain in the Agric Sector to be Sustained- Sabo Nanono
- WORLD FOOD DAY 2020 (MINISTERIAL PRESS BRIEFING): FG Targets 5 Million Jobs to Enhance Agric Productivity – Sabo Nanono
- Federal Executive Meeting
FMARD has the mandate to ensure food security in crop, livestock and fisheries, stimulate agricultural employment and services, promote the production and supply of raw materials to agro industries, provide markets for the products of the industrial sector, generate foreign exchange and aid rural socio-economic development” Read More