FMAFS NOT DISTRIBUTING RICE PALLIATIVE
The attention of the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security (FMAFS) has been drawn to stories making the rounds that the Ministry is delaying the distribution of rice palliative and wish to state as follows;
1. The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security is not distributing any palliative.
2. The issue under reference concerns constituency projects budgeted for under the 2023 Supplementary Appropriation and domiciled in the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security.
3. It is common knowledge that funds for National Assembly constituency projects are domiciled in the relevant Ministry for purposes of implementation.
4. The implementation process for the 2023 Supplementary Appropriation is on-going.
5. Constituency projects in this instance cover a range of needs of the constituents including staple grains and some agricultural infrastructure as determined by respective members of the National Assembly.
Dr. Joel O. Oruche
For: Hon. Minister
9th January, 2024