President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of a Vice Chancellor for the newly established University of Agriculture, Zuru, Kebbi State in the person of Professor Musa Isiyaku Ahmed.
The Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Alhaji Muhammad Sabo Nanono who disclosed this while conveying his letter of appointment, stated that Professor Ahmed’s legacies as the maiden Vice Chancellor will determine the prominence and pride of place the university will occupy in world universities ranking in the nearest future.
Musa Ahmed, until his appointment, was a Professor in the Department of Veterinary, Parasitology and Entomology at the University of Maiduguri, Borno State. He is a Fellow, College of Veterinary Surgeons, Nigeria; Fellow, Institute of Human and Natural Resources; Director, International Technology Centre, University of Maiduguri among others.
Professor Ahmed who is married with children hails from Borno State and has well over 36 published works to his credit.
Alhaji Sabo Nanono also conveyed the letter of appointment to the Registrar of the university, Yusuf Abdulazeez Bazata, from Kebbi State, whose appointment was also approved by President Muhammadu Buhari for the smooth and unhindered take-off of the university.
COVID-19 NIGERIA: FG Articulates Logistic for Release of 70,000 Metric Tonnes of Grains.
Following the lockdown across some states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) and the resultant effect on the vulnerable population, President Muhammadu Buhari granted approval to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development to release 70,000 Metric Tons of assorted food items from the National Strategic Food Reserve stock.
In compliance with the presidential directive, the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Alhaji Muhammad Sabo Nanono has stated that of the 70,000 Metric tons, 5,000 Metric tons of Gari is readily available for immediate release while bagging of the food grains is on going for further urgent release through the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA).
According to the Minister, the food items are being released from the National Strategic Food Reserve Silo Complexes as detailed below
1. Minna Silo, Niger State – 10,000MTs of Maize and 2,500MTs of Gari
2. Lafia Silo, Nassarawa State- 5,000MTs of Millet and 1,500MTs of Gari.
3. Dustin-Ma Silo, Katsina State – 12,500MTs of Maize and 5,000MT of Sorghum.
4. Yola Silo, Adamawa State – 12,500MTs Maize and 5,000MTs of Sorghum
5. Gusau Silo, Zamfara State – 15,000MTs of Sorghum and
6. Ilesha Silo, Osun State – 1,000MTs of Gari.
The Minister promised that measures will be put in place by the Presidential Task Force to ensure that the food items get to the actual beneficiaries.
- COVID-19 INTERVENTION: Agric for Food and Job Plan Kicks-Off in Katsina as FG Flags-Off Economic Sustainability Plan
- IN KANO: Agric Minister, Alh. Mohammad Sabo Nanono, earlier in Kano State flags-off 2020 Wet Season Farming for APPEALS Rice Farmers.
- COVID-19: FG Calls for Robust Synergy with State Governments to Cushion Effect of COVID-19 on Food Security
- PRESS STATEMENT
- PUBLIC NOTICE
FMARD has the mandate to ensure food security in crop, livestock and fisheries, stimulate agricultural employment and services, promote the production and supply of raw materials to agro industries, provide markets for the products of the industrial sector, generate foreign exchange and aid rural socio-economic development” Read More