FG Appoints Premier Vice Chancellor for Newly Established University of Agriculture, Zuru, Kebbi State.
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of a Vice Chancellor for the newly established University of Agriculture, Zuru, Kebbi State in the person of Professor Musa Isiyaku Ahmed.
COVID-19 NIGERIA: FG Articulates Logistic for Release of 70,000 Metric Tonnes of Grains.
Following the lockdown across some states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) and the resultant effect on the vulnerable population, President Muhammadu Buhari granted approval to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development to release 70,000 Metric Tons of assorted food items from the National Strategic Food Reserve stock.
In compliance with the presidential directive, the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Alhaji Muhammad Sabo Nanono has stated that of the 70,000 Metric tons, 5,000 Metric tons of Gari is readily available for immediate release while bagging of the food grains is on going for further urgent release through the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA).
According to the Minister, the food items are being released from the National Strategic Food Reserve Silo Complexes as detailed below
1. Minna Silo, Niger State – 10,000MTs of Maize and 2,500MTs of Gari
2. Lafia Silo, Nassarawa State- 5,000MTs of Millet and 1,500MTs of Gari.
3. Dustin-Ma Silo, Katsina State – 12,500MTs of Maize and 5,000MT of Sorghum.
4. Yola Silo, Adamawa State – 12,500MTs Maize and 5,000MTs of Sorghum
5. Gusau Silo, Zamfara State – 15,000MTs of Sorghum and
6. Ilesha Silo, Osun State – 1,000MTs of Gari.
The Minister promised that measures will be put in place by the Presidential Task Force to ensure that the food items get to the actual beneficiaries.
- FG Engages Stakeholders’ on Promotion and Development of Donkey Value Chain.
- Agric Minister Receives 2020 Wet Season Agricultural Performance Survey Report (APSR), Commends Committee.
- SYMPOSIUM-WORLD FOOD DAY 2020: Improved Commodity Value Chain in the Agric Sector to be Sustained- Sabo Nanono
- WORLD FOOD DAY 2020 (MINISTERIAL PRESS BRIEFING): FG Targets 5 Million Jobs to Enhance Agric Productivity – Sabo Nanono
- Federal Executive Meeting
FMARD has the mandate to ensure food security in crop, livestock and fisheries, stimulate agricultural employment and services, promote the production and supply of raw materials to agro industries, provide markets for the products of the industrial sector, generate foreign exchange and aid rural socio-economic development” Read More